In today’s world we’re inundated with choices. In life and in business, little decisions made now, can have huge impacts later. So when you’re on the go and you need to make a fast decision RIGHT NOW, one that is 100% the right decision and the BEST one for you, here is what you do.
Muscle Response Testing
Also known in the clinical world as Applied Kinesiology, Muscle Response Testing (MRT) is a simple, safe, natural method of quickly accessing your widest knowledge base and your deepest intuition. These are found in your Subconscious Mind.
And by using the body’s reflexes through your Autonomic Nervous System (ANS) you can reach those treasure troves of accurate information within seconds. Before we get into muscle testing let’s delve into some of the science behind it so you know HOW it works.
Your Nervous System
There are 2 main parts to your Nervous System:
Your Central Nervous System is the brain and spinal cord. Your Peripheral Nervous System (PNS) is the part that extends from your Central Nervous System.
There are 2 parts to your Peripheral Nervous System:
1) Somatic System
2) Autonomic System
Your Somatic System covers your voluntary motor skills. Anything you can consciously move and control.
Your Autonomic System controls all the involuntary muscle movements. Such as heart rate, temperature control, digestion, etc. There are crossovers too such as blinking and breathing.
There are three parts to your Autonomic Nervous System:
1) The Sympathetic System is responsible for your body’s ‘fight or flight’ reaction to stress.
2) The Parasympathetic System looks after the workings of your body during rest and recuperation. It also controls your heart rate and body temperature under normal conditions.
3) The Enteric System controls the workings of your gut, such as digestion and waste.
Since all the nerves are connected they gather information from each other and can convey messages or “talk to you” in a variety of ways. One such way is when you are suddenly startled. You might jump from being surprised. Or you might feel sweating palms or a racing heart. That’s your Sympathetic System telling you something is happening that you need to be consciously aware of immediately.
If you have a feeling of being calm and at peace then that’s your Parasympathetic System sending you a message that all is well. Sometimes you might get what some call a “gut feeling” about something or someone. That’s your Enteric System talking to you.
How to do Muscle Testing
So now you’ve learned the science behind why you experience certain feelings at times. And that all those communication methods happen automatically. And now through muscle testing you have a way to tap into your body’s Autonomic Nervous System to get an accurate fast answers to what’s going on in your body and in your subconscious mind.
Muscle testing is used in three ways:
1) Yes/No or True/False communication system.
2) Accurately identify subconscious truths and beliefs.
3) Detecting the presence or absence of stress or inner conflict in the body or subconscious mind.
You can use your body’s muscle reactions to know answers to the above ways. Because your subconscious mind knows everything, you can muscle test “Yes” or “No” statements and watch for how your nervous system reacts. When you need something that is good for you then your strength will increase. If it’s something you don’t need or its bad for you then your strength will decrease.
So if your muscles stay strong, that is a “yes” response. If the muscles weaken, then it is a “no” answer.
And this is a binary process. Meaning, the answers are only YES and NO. Full strength = YES. Anything less than full strength = NO. If you get an in between response, as in “sort of strong” or “almost strong” then it’s a “No”.
How to Do Muscle Testing Right
Make sure you are properly set and ready to do muscle testing. Because if you don’t follow all the steps exactly as listed below then your results may vary. And then you won’t have 100% accurate information from your subconscious mind. So follow everything below as written even if you don’t understand why. This works so trust in the process!
Posture and Position
- Proper body posture and position are vital for accurate and reliable communication.
- Relaxed and comfortable (either standing, sitting up straight or laying down flat)
- Legs and arms uncrossed
- Chin level and facing forward
- Eyes open, looking downward (this is MOST important!)
Muscle Testing Methods
Using your fingers:
- Ring pull apart (make “okay” signs and interlock them together)
- Index finger through “Okay” sign
- Index and thumb caliper (lock fingers in open sideways “U” shape, try to squeeze closed with other hand)
- Hand on chest or table, lift index finger, press down on finger with other hand
No one test is better than the others. So try them all and see which works best for you. Then go with that. It’s okay to switch test methods at any time.
When testing a statement make sure that you are emotionally engaged with the statement. Truly “feel” into it. Because a bland statement without feeling will result in misinformation returned to you.
Make sure you’re talking to your subconscious mind through your nervous system.
1) Set the intention that you are going to do this now and trust that it works.
2) State your true name, “My name is ________”, test. Then state a false name of a different gender, “My name is ________”, test. Should test strong for your true name and weak for false name.
3) Repeat the word “Yes” to yourself for 3-5 seconds, test. Next repeat the word “No” to yourself for 3-5 seconds, test. Should test strong for “Yes” and weak for “No”.
4) Think of a food that you really like and test. Next think of a food you really dislike and test. Should test strong for what you like and weak for your dislike.
Apply pressure for 2 full seconds. Going too fast gives you inaccurate results; same with pressing for too long. 2-3 seconds max. Although people often pick this up easily, it may take some practice to be accurate and consistent. Just keep at it and you’ll find a whole new way to accurately communicate with your body with muscle testing.
Research and define your feelings:
Ask yourself, “How do I feel about _________ right now?” Fill in the blank with what ever problem you are experiencing. Next ask yourself, “How would I rather feel about ____________?”
Write your goal statement:
Now write a statement about how you want to feel. Write it as if you’re stating a present truth. Such as:
“I am happy about _____________.”
“My heart is at peace with ____________.”
“I have clarity on _____________ and know exactly what to do.”
While it’s okay to ask yourself a question when defining your feelings, when you are muscle testing, avoid asking yourself questions. Questions are too open-ended. Use short statements for testing. Craft your statements present tense and positive about how you WANT TO FEEL instead of how you actually feel now or how you don’t want to feel. Avoid complex statements with too many “ands”; no more than one “and”, preferably none.
Your statements should be:
- First person
- Present tense
- Positively stated
- Short and simple
- Emotionally meaningful
What to Do If You Test Strong to Multiple Statements that You Think You Should Test Weak:
Let’s say, for instance, you’re muscle testing a lot of goal statements and get all strong responses. But you’re pretty sure you should be testing weak for most of them. What going on here?
When this happens you’ve either not established full communication or you lost communication somewhere along the way. Waiting too long between establishing and testing can cause a loss. Go back to the True Name/False Name test and the Yes/No test. And the Like/Dislike test. Establish communication then immediately follow with testing.
What to Do When the Muscle Test Is Inconsistent or Doesn’t Work:
1) You’ve lost communication. Reestablish and test again.
2) You are too tired or not feeling well. Get some rest and try again later.
3) You doubt your own ability to muscle test yourself. Remember, Believing = Receiving.
4) You may be dehydrated. Even if you don’t feel thirsty, drink water and immediately try again.
5) You are under the influence of alcohol or any type of drug, even if it’s by prescription. Sober up and try again later.
What to Do When Your Muscle Test Is Weak to a Goal Statement that You Want to Test Strong For:
When you have a goal statement that you want to be a “YES” but it tests “NO” then that means your subconscious mind does not believe it to be true. Your subconscious mind controls everything. So if your subconscious mind does not believe in something then it won’t happen. No matter how hard you try with your conscious mind to make it happen!
The good news is when you uncover a disconnect like this, there is a way to reprogram your subconscious mind so it aligns with the goal you are seeking. The unconscious mind doesn’t lie. It can’t. It only knows the present, right now. There is no future and no past. It only runs programs that it knows. And you’ve been programming it all your life with everything you see hear taste touch feel and say to your yourself. So have your parents, friends, school teachers, other people of influence to you, authors, TV, movies, news, advertisements, etc.
So when you deeply believe something at that level then your subconscious mind acts unconsciously on your conscious mind and causes you to take the right steps to make it happen.
Overcoming Emotional Issues, Changing Limiting Beliefs
So now you have tools that you can use to get quick instant feedback for making decisions when you are feeling stuck emotionally.
However, in your journey you might find that knowing what you are stuck on only gets you half way there. Sometimes you need some help getting unstuck. There may also be limiting decisions or old beliefs getting in your way. And you’re ready to be rid of them but don’t know how.
You don’t need to live with these emotional issues and false limiting beliefs forever!
Thankfully there is a way to quickly reprogram your unconscious mind to get from where you are now to where you want to be. In PSYCH-K it’s called Balancing.
If you are ready to overcome emotional issues, clear limiting beliefs and be the strong successful person you know you are meant to be, then reach out to me today. Working together I’ll help you go from where you are now to where you want to be.
Daniel Sweet, NLP
Phone / Text (442) 273-0073